Who is Anand Kumar?
Anand Kumar was born on 1st January 1973. An Indian mathematician well known for Super 30 program. He started it in Patna, Bihar in the year 2002. His father was a clerk in the postal department of India. He belongs to a middle-class family and was unable to afford a private school expense. So he attended Government School and slowly grew interest in mathematics. During graduation, he submitted papers on Number Theory. Anand also managed to get admission to Cambridge University. But he was sadly unable to continue his studies after his father’s serious illness. And then he came back to India to support his family.
In 1992, Anand started teaching mathematics at Ramanujan School of Mathematics and proved very good at it. Anand started to grow, but when the poor student reached him they were unable to pay his fee. This became the biggest motivation for starting the super 30 program in 2002. He started a game changer program ‘SUPER 30‘ which later became his Trademark. And now we know the Anand for his innovation to teach the talented students. Super 30 is an exam for select top 30 students. He prepares students for JEE-Main, JEE-Advance and similar type of exams. There are many such institutes for preparations but he holds a separate level. And today every IIT’ian know him and wants to study from his institute and now he is the sign of excellence.
- He got recognition from a broadcast on one hour program on Super 30 on the March 2009 in the Discovery Channel.
- Miss Japan Norika Fujiwara visited Patna to make a documentary on Anand Kumars Institute.
- He is listed in the Limca Book of Records for his contribution to helping poor students and giving them free coaching.
- He is also awarded by the S.Ramanujan Award in July 2010 by IRDC.
- Anand’s institute received praise from the former President of America Mr.Barack Obama as the best Institute in India.
- He received the Maulana Abul Kalam Azad Shiksha Puraskar by the Bihar government in November 2010.
- In Bangalore, he received Prof Yashwantrao Kelkar Yuva Puraskar by Akhil Bharatiya Vidhyarthi Parishad (ABVP).
- He received honor from the Gov. of British Columbia, Canada, and ministry of education of Saxony of Germany.
- Anand Kumar is also awarded by the Rashtriya Bal Kalyan Award by the President of India.
- Director Vikas Bahl is making Ananad’s Biopic with Hrithik Roshan playing Kumar which will be releasing in 2019.
Also Read: Himanshu Patel – The Young Sarpanch behind Punsari High Tech Village