India the land of a lot of interesting and amazing place where you can come across many facts which are related to day-to-day life.
So let us discuss some random facts about Amazing India
- India is the world’s largest, oldest, continuous civilization.
- It is the world’s Largest democracy.
- India never invaded any country in her last 1000 years of history.
- It also invented the number system. Zero was invented by Aryabhatta.
- When many cultures were only nomadic forest dwellers over 5000 years ago, Indians established the Harappan culture in Sindhu Valley (Indus Valley Civilization)
- There are over 300,000 active mosques in India, more than in any other country, including the Muslim world.
- Sanskrit is the mother of all the European Languages. Sanskrit is the most suitable language for computer software – a report in Forbes magazine in July 1987.
- Chess (Shataranja or AshtaPada) was invented here.
- It also has the second largest pool of Scientist and Engineers in the World.
- It is among the largest English speaking nation in the world.
- Also, it is the only country other than US and Japan, to have built a super computer indigenously.
- It has the largest number of Post Offices in the world.
- One of the largest employers in the world is the Indian Railways, employing over a million people
- It was one of the richest countries till the time of British rule in the early 17th Century. Christopher Columbus, attracted by India’s wealth, had come looking for a sea route to India when he discovered America by mistake.
- The Baily Bridge is the highest bridge in the world. It is located in the Ladakh valley between the Dras and Suru rivers in the Himalayan mountains. It was built by the Indian Army in August 1982
- The Vishnu Temple in the city of Tirupathi built in the 10th century is the world’s largest religious pilgrimage destination. Larger than either Rome or Mecca, an average of 30,000 visitors donate $6 million (US) to the temple every day.
- Varanasi, also known as Benaras, which was called “the Ancient City” when Lord Buddha visited it in 500 B.C. and is the oldest, continuously inhabited city in the world today.
- Martial Arts were first created in India and later spread to Asia by Buddhist missionaries.
- Yoga has its origins in India and has existed for over 5,000 years.
Also Read: Interesting & Amazing Science Facts (Part-1)