Here are some Interesting Facts about Microsoft:
- The word Microsoft is a combination of “Micro-Computer” & “Software“.
- It was founded by Bill Gates and Paul Allen on April 4, 1975, but got its identity when “Microsoft” was officially registered as a Company in November 1976 in New Mexico.
- During initial days Microsoft used to develop and sell BASIC interpreters for the Altair 8800 computer.
- Their first customer was Micro Instrumentation and Telemetry Systems, which bought the Altair BASIC program.
- Before Windows, Xenix was their First Operating System.
- Later MS started their journey with Hyphen.
- They changed its logo several times over the years, the current “Pac-Man” logo was introduced in 1987, but previous to that was the “blibbet“. The “blibbet” refers to the stylized “o” and was apparently once the name of a burger which was served in the cafeteria.
- First Windows OS was Windows 1.0 which was less than 1Mb in size and works on 16bit Interface.
- In 1988, it becomes the world’s largest PC Software.
- Microsoft Office was launched for the Macintosh in 1989 before it was released for Windows.
- The first Windows virus, “WinVer 1.4“, hit machines in 1992.
- Microsoft doesn’t have their own website by 1993.
- Windows NT was the first OS which runs on 32bit Version.
- Famous START Menu makes an entry with Windows 95.
- The Famous Windows 95 startup tune, “The Microsoft Sound.” was designed by Brian Eno.
- Microsoft doesn’t sell software. The firm licenses its software, retaining full ownership rights. Buyers of the software must pay them for the right to use it, a system developed by Bill Gates in 1976.
- Microsoft got an opportunity to acquire YouTube for $500 Million back in 2006. Six months later Google bought it for $1.6 Billion and is now the most popular video streaming site.
- Its Employee is mostly referred to as “Softie“.
- If you type “=rand.old ()” text in Word followed by the Enter key, it transforms into 18 stanzas of ” The Quick Brown Fox Jumps Over the Lazy Dog.”
- Type “=rand (200,99)” and press Enter in Word. It creates 407,000 words of text automatically regarding detail instructions for using Word’s Quick Keys.
- You can’t create a folder named “con, prn, aux, nul, com1, com2, com3, com4, com5, com6, com7, com8, com9, ltp1, ltp2, ltp3, ltp4, ltp5, ltp6,ltp7, ltp8, & ltp9.”
- Approximately 3,000 patents file every year and it includes 59,000+ US and International patents, and over 36,000 pending patent applications.
- Its 5000th Patent was Xbox 360 and 10,000th Patent was Microsoft Surface.
- Theory planet X that it will destroy the earth ?
- Top 5 Website Page Speed Test Tools
You May Also Like